24th Annual OMA Fall Conference
2010 Conference: Volunteering
Volunteers have always been a wonderful addition to OMA fall conferences. They bring professionalism, enthusiasm and thoughtfulness in making our conferences successful. Volunteers are essential in making our conference a great experience for everyone who attends. If you would like to meet new people and have fun while ensuring a successful conference, now’s your opportunity! Please read all of the information on this page.
Volunteer Application Deadline
The deadline for applications is Thursday, October 7th, 2010. Volunteer positions will be filled on a first come, first served basis so the earlier you submit your application, the more likely it is that you will be able to attend as a volunteer.
Volunteer Application Process
Step 1: Fill out a volunteer application. The application will be available on this website at the end of August.
Step 2: Complete a conference registration form.
Step 3: Submit your payment via Paypal or check.
Your conference volunteer position is not guaranteed until you have paid for your registration!
If for any reason your application is not accepted, you will receive a full refund. If your application is accepted, the cancellation policy is no refund of fees after October 22nd.
We will need approximately 20 volunteers for the conference. If the available volunteer opportunities have been filled, your name will be placed on a waiting list.
Volunteers help with many different kinds of tasks before, during and after the conference. These include.
1. Conference Packet Stuffing: Assemble conference packets prior to the conference.
2. Special Event Assistants: Friendly, diligent, flexible folks willing to greet attendees and assist as needed with special events such as the Reception and Silent Auction.
3. Conference Session Assistants: Put up and remove conference signage for each session. Pick up materials for assigned sessions, arrive early to pass out materials as attendees enter the room, make sure the rooms are set up, distribute evaluation forms, etc. Remain present throughout assigned session to support and serve as liaison to workshop presenter(s).
4. Registration: Detail-oriented, customer-service oriented volunteers who handle the conference participant check-in process under the guidance of the conference staff. Will require thorough briefing about registration procedures and general conference happenings.
5. Help Desk: Respond to questions and help find solutions to participants’ needs. Willing to become thoroughly briefed about conference schedule, venue, and surrounding neighborhood.
6. Conference Set Up: Available early Friday morning or Saturday morning (and possibly sometime on Thursday) to set up tables, chairs, displays, and other conference equipment and materials.
7. Driver: Assist in transporting conference materials and equipment between
8. Raffle Ticket Sellers: Throughout the conference, encourage participants to purchase raffle tickets in order to win a fabulous gift baskest.
Fulfilling Your Assignments
If you are selected as a volunteer, we will make an effort to meet your scheduling requests; however, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet your preferences. Assignments will be made based on the needs of the Conference program. If you are selected as a volunteer and do not show up for your assigned volunteer shifts, you may be billed for the the regular Conference registration fee following the Conference.
Discounted Registration Fee
In exchange for volunteering, a limited number of individuals will receive a discount on registration. Please see the Conference Fees page for further information on conference registration fees.
Discounted OMA Membership
Conference volunteers will also be eligible for discounted OMA memberships. As a conference volunteer, you will receive a 15% discount on your first year's membership fee if you join by November 6, 2010. Click here for information on OMA membership. This discount only applies to those who are joining OMA for the first time and are selected as a 2010 conference volunteers. Please contact the OMA office for more information about this special offer!
For Further Information
For additional information about volunteering, please contact the OMA office at [email protected] or (503) 872-9775 (503) 872-9775 . Thanks again for your interest in making the 2010 OMA Conference a success!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2010 OMA Fall Conference!
Please use the "Quick Links" box to learn more about this exciting conference!
This site managed with Dynamic Website Technology
Products and Services