OMA Fall Conference
Ambridge Event Center - Portland, OR
Volunteers are always been a wonderful addition to OMA Fall conferences. They bring professionalism, enthusiasm and thoughtfulness in making our conferences successful. Volunteers are essential in making our conference a great experience for everyone who attends. If you would like to meet new people and have fun while ensuring a successful conference, now’s your opportunity! Please read all of the information on this page.
Volunteer Application Process
Your conference volunteer position is not guaranteed until you have paid for your registration. If for any reason your application is not accepted, you will receive a full refund.
We will need approximately 20 volunteers for the conference. If the available volunteer opportunities have been filled, your name will be placed on a waiting list.
1. Conference Packet Stuffing: Assemble conference packets prior to the conference.
2. General Assistants: Friendly, diligent, flexible folks willing to greet attendees and assist as needed with special events such as the OMA Birthday Party & Reception.
3. Workshop Assistants: Put up and remove conference signage for each session. Pick up materials for assigned sessions, arrive early to pass out materials as attendees enter the room, make sure the rooms are set up, distribute and collect evaluation forms, etc. Remain present throughout assigned session to support and serve as liaison to workshop presenter(s). Make an announcement reminding people to complete their forms. Trouble-shoot as needed.
4. Registration: Detail-oriented, customer-service oriented volunteers who handle the conference participant check-in process under the guidance of conference staff. Will require thorough briefing about registration procedures and general conference happenings.
5. Help Desk: Respond to questions and help find solutions to participants’ needs. Willing to become thoroughly briefed about conference schedule, venue, and surrounding neighborhood.
6. Conference Set Up: Available early Friday morning or Saturday morning (and possibly sometime on Thursday) to set up tables, chairs, displays, and other conference equipment and materials.
7. Driver: Assist in transporting conference materials and equipment between the conference venue and the OMA office.
8. Raffle Ticket Sellers: Throughout the conference, encourage participants to purchase raffle tickets in order to win a fabulous gift basket.
Volunteer Expectations & Commitment
If you are selected as a volunteer, we will make an effort to meet your scheduling requests; however, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet your preferences. Assignments will be made based on the needs of the conference program.
There will be a mandatory Volunteer Orientation meeting at 7:00 a.m. on both days of the Conference. If you are volunteering only one day, you need only show up for the meeting on that day. If you are volunteering for both days, you need only attend Friday’s mandatory meeting.
Discounted Registration Fee
Discounted OMA Membership
For Further Information
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2011 OMA Fall Conference!
Please use the "Quick Links" box to learn more about this exciting conference!