The Oregon Mediation Association (OMA), a statewide nonprofit organization of mediators and supporters of mediation, was founded in 1986. With approximately 350 members statewide, OMA offers mediators and mediation supporters the opportunity to join together to elevate the quality of mediation services and expand the availability of mediation throughout Oregon.
Top Ten Reasons to Join OMA
1) Affirm that you are a member of an association dedicated to mediation and the support of quality dispute resolution.
2) Have a sense of belonging to a statewide community doing the important work of promoting mediation in Oregon. Network with others who are doing this meaningful work.
3) Stay informed of developments in the field, including mediation-related legislation.
4) Receive regular updates about upcoming trainings & educational activities.
5) Develop your own leadership through participation in committees, special interest groups, and the OMA Board of Directors.
6) Receive discounted fees and continuing education credits for trainings and the OMA annual conference.
7) Increase your visibility and referrals by participating in OMA's online mediator directory.
8) Become eligible for association-sponsored professional liability insurance.
9) Participate in one of OMA's Special Interest Groups: Workplace Mediation, Family Mediation, Elder Mediation, or a newly forming Neuroscience Interest Group.
10) Make great friends and have fun!
All OMA members receive OMA Flash emails (usually sent weekly or bi-weekly) with information on upcoming events and information of interest to mediators, OMA's quarterly newsletter, and a discounted rate to OMA's annual fall conference and other OMA trainings and events.
Other membership benefits include:
- Training Opportunities
- Leadership Development
- A Legislative Voice
- Networking Opportunities
We encourage you to join OMA! Please read more about current membership levels below.
Membership Levels and Annual Dues
OMA offers a variety of membership levels based on the diversity of our membership. Learn more about all of our membership levels by scrolling down or jump to a particular membership level by clicking on the links below.
Full-time Student Membership - $25 annually
Student members are enrolled in a degree or certificate program on a full-time basis. You must be a full-time student to qualify for the student member discount.
Unpaid Practitioner Membership - $35 annually
Unpaid Practitioners’ only involvement as a neutral assisting others to resolve disputes is in an unpaid or volunteer capacity working with a community or court organization. You must be a volunteer at a non-profit or government program and must not be mediating for pay to qualify for the discounted unpaid practitioner rate.
Friend of Mediation Membership - $65 annually
A Friend of Mediation wants to support the goals and activities of OMA, but is not actively involved as a practicing mediator.
Paid Practitioner Membership - $85 annually
Paid Practitioners are actively involved as paid mediation practitioners either as employees, private practitioners, consultants, or teachers/trainers. This includes individuals who volunteer some, but not all, of their time as mediators.
Non-Profit Organization Membership - $175 annually
A Non-Profit Organization is any institution or organization that has acquired 501(c)3 status directly or indirectly through its participation in a larger structure that qualifies, including governmental departments. Organizational members receive group discounted rates for such annual events as the OMA Conference.
For-Profit Organization Membership - $275 annually
A For-Profit Organization is any institution or organization that provides mediation services for profit. Organizational members receive group discounted rates for such annual events as the OMA Conference.
Lifetime OMA Membership - One time contribution of $1500 or more
A Lifetime Member is any individual who supports the goals of OMA and wants to express that support through a generous one time contribution of $1500 or more.
Click Here to Become a Member or Renew Your Membership Today!