The Oregon Mediation Association (OMA), a statewide nonprofit organization of mediators and supporters of mediation, was founded in 1986. With approximately 350 members statewide, OMA offers mediators and mediation supporters the opportunity to join together to elevate the quality of mediation services and expand the availability of mediation throughout Oregon.
1) Affirm that you are a member of an association dedicated to mediation and the support of quality dispute resolution.
2) Have a sense of belonging to a statewide community doing the important work of promoting mediation in Oregon. Network with others who are doing this meaningful work.
3) Stay informed of developments in the field, including mediation-related legislation.
4) Receive regular updates about upcoming trainings & educational activities.
5) Develop your own leadership through participation in committees, special interest groups, and the OMA Board of Directors.
6) Receive discounted fees and continuing education credits for trainings and the OMA annual conference.
7) Increase your visibility and referrals by participating in OMA's Online Mediator Directory (find out more - opens in a new window).
8) Become eligible for association-sponsored professional liability insurance.
9) Participate in one of OMA's Special Interest Groups: Workplace Mediation, Family Mediation, Elder Mediation, or a newly forming Neuroscience Interest Group.
10) Make great friends and have fun!
All OMA members receive OMA Flash emails (usually sent weekly or bi-weekly) with information on upcoming events and information of interest to mediators, OMA's quarterly newsletter, and a discounted rate to OMA's annual fall conference and other OMA trainings and events.
Other membership benefits include:
We encourage you to join OMA! Please read more about current membership levels below.
OMA offers a variety of membership levels based on the diversity of our membership. Learn more about all of our membership levels by scrolling down or jump to a particular membership level by clicking on the links below.